Strategic Project Leadership
For many clients, developing real estate and implementing projects are infrequent activities. Also, many lack internal capacity – time, skills and knowledge – to develop their projects in an efficient manner. It is because of this that clients need two things: 1) a capable and experienced project partner and 2) people who you can trust. We believe the first is easier to find than the second. As Real Estate Developers & Owner’s Representatives, our mission is to help our clients achieve their goals by optimizing the acquisition, development and use of facilities. We set out to implement our tried and tested approach which provides a cost-effective solution for acquiring the knowledge, skills and data-driven process necessary to complete your project.
Our approach also enables clients to analyze physical, functional and financial metrics which affect the strategic goals and outcomes of every project and transaction. We bring the leadership to help you analyze, develop and deliver the optimum mix – something we have coined as the ‘sweet spot’.
We understand that it is common for things to go wrong on projects and costly to resolve problems late in the process. As your advocate from beginning to end, we stand by your side to anticipate problems and mitigate potential risk along the way. Awareness of how early decisions impact later in the process is one of the skills ORB brings to every project. Engage ORB and receive the comfort and peace-of-mind of having someone on your team who understands the complexities and has navigated the process many times before.
More than your advocate…we are your partner. We put ourselves in your shoes as an extension of your organization living out your mission, vision and values throughout the entire process.
begins with a vision
requires a compass
needs a map
Every map has a
Every journey begins with a vision
How will you develop & evaluate your goals and objectives?
Before embarking on your journey, contact ORB to ensure you’ve aligned your vision with the organization’s strategic, operational and financial goals.
We listen to...
- Determine ORB’s role
- Align & offer ORB’s value
Explore & Understand.
- Obtain project briefing documents
- Analyze project constraints & parameters
- Future needs assessment
- Determine program needs / wish list
- Market validation
- Financial feasibility
- Business, cultural & regional factor analysis
- Stakeholder engagement
- Establish goals & objectives
- Develop strategic direction
- Craft tactical plans
- Identify Key Performance Indicators
Every vision requires a compass
Do you know which step you are on and what step is next?
When planning a project, success is driven by teams that hold reputable track records in facilitating the realization of established goals and objectives. As A Compass of Endeavor, ORB brings that proven track record, helps you identify the project sweet spot and ensures you know where to head next.
We listen to...
- Define scopes of work
- Set expectations
- Search / Selection
- Location Analysis – Visibility & accessibility
- Connectivity Analysis – Proximity to business/industry clusters; Net working advantages; Supply chain efficiencies; Transportation infrastructure and Amenities
Program / Project Development.
- Team member establishment
- Development of action plan & accountability / responsibility matrix
- Master planning / road mapping
- Program schedule development
- Risk analysis / management
- Identify funding sources / economic incentives
- Grant writing
- Entitlement / regulatory compliance navigation
- Procurement / sourcing discussion
- Environmental / energy / sustainability planning
- Analyze cost estimates
- Constructability reviews
Delivery Method Analysis.
- Design / Bid / Build
- Agency Construction Management
- Construction Management At-Risk
Every compass needs a map
Are you interested in peace-of-mind & comfort that your project is on-track for success?
Leverage ORB’s efficient, professional and disciplined process to translate the design documents into a physical structure. We stand by your side, work in concert with the design and construction team members and manage all resources – time, money, labor and materials.
We listen to...
Meeting & Communication Coordination
- Establish communication hierarchy & reporting system
- Meeting attendance & leadership
- Schedule development & implementation
- Monitor progress & photo documentation of discrepancies
- Coordinate Owner items (FF&E, signage, technology & abatement)
- Prepare monthly status reports
- Regular site visits & field reports
- Ensure system functionality prior to issuance of Certificate of Substantial Completion
- Administer changes in work
- Ensure contractual compliance
- Dispute resolution
- Review insurance, bonds and other contractual submissions
- Establish project cost control system
- Review applications for payment & other invoices for accuracy & contractual compliance
- Proactive & preventative measures
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Ensure safety best practice & health program compliance
- Routine safety evaluations
Every map has a destination
Are you protecting your existing built environment assets & investments?
As an advocate for your financial interests as well as the mission of your various facilities, ORB is committed to providing professional services that exceed not only the tangible expectations but the intangible elements as well. We take pride in building long-term relationships built upon shared values and being a continued resource long after your facility opens its doors.
We listen to...
- FF&E Coordination
- Punch List & Substantial Completion Inspection Participation
- Commissioning & System Training
- Manage transfer of building operations to Owner
- Document receipt of warranties, manuals & red lined drawings
- Review consent of Surety to Final Payment
- Coordinate final project closeout
- Participate in inspections for final completion
- Coordinate 10 month final warranty inspection
- Facility & real estate optimization
- Coordinate utility rebate documentation
- Facility & property management
- Tenant services