Tom Wacholz, P.E.
President / Founder
Recognizing the fact that traditional project delivery methods were not always in the best interest of the clients’ long-term facility goals, Tom’s business philosophy is centered around a desire to combine the best practices available in the industry with emerging technologies, intellectual property, strategic professional resources and a far deeper understanding of the client’s needs. Coupled with over 28 years of operational expertise, Tom’s faith, client focus and visionary leadership are key to ORB’s success.
Tom’s experience includes leadership on more than 5,000,000 square feet of professional office, retail, community service, governmental, educational, recreational, medical and industrial/manufacturing projects from the upper Midwest to the West Coast.
Number of years with Orb
Number of years of industry experience
Bachelor of Science in Construction Engineering, North Dakota State University
- Past Alexandria Area YMCA Board, Past Committee Member & Charter Member
- Alexandria Area Economic Development Commission Past Board Member
- Past NDSU Department of Construction Management & Engineering Industry Advisory Board Member
- 2009 Distinguished Volunteer – MN YMCA
- AAEDC Industrial Park Advisory Committee
- Habitat for Humanity donor and volunteer
- Shalom Lutheran Church Committee member and & former President
- Calvary Lutheran Church praise band volunteer
- Unity Foundation past Board member and committee member
- United Way of Douglas & Pope Counties – Past Board Member
Licenses / Registration
Registered Professional Engineer, State of Minnesota