Villas at Worthington
We deliver the box, the contents plus everything else you need to make a community living
Minnesota West Community and Technical College selected the development team of ORB Management and Bluffstone to create the Villas at Worthington on-campus student housing. The project will involve MN West’s leadership and facilities team, the MN State office in St. Paul, the City of Worthington and Hay Dobbs Architects. The housing facility is scheduled to break ground this Fall and be ready for student occupancy by commencement of the 2018-2019 school year. ORB will act as the team’s development consultant throughout the planning, construction and occupancy process.
Lifestyles are constantly changing. Living spaces need to adapt accordingly. Our process helps clients
attract and retain tenants and improve their overall life experience, whether it be on a campus, in a
community, within an environment or near community services and places of employment.
ORB’s community living experience spans a wide array of housing projects including: student housing, emergency placement housing, assisted living, senior housing, nursing home facilities, multi-family developments, market rate housing, low income/affordable housing and the occasional executive lake home. We are familiar with current trends and desirable amenities that residents are searching for in a community living development.
- THE ORB ADVANTAGE. We create the team that will bring your student housing dreams to fruition.
- PEACE OF MIND. Providing high-quality academics is your business. Student housing is ours.
- DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION. We’ll help you plan and design what students want. And we’ll build what they can afford.
- RESIDENCE LIFE. We hire or train your existing staff. We provide the systems, resources and support.
- PROGRAMMING. We explore and identify opportunities to support or enhance university & college departments through a student housing program.
- ROI. Collaborate with your Foundation and generate as much as $150,000 annually in endowment scholarships.
- INDUSTRY EXPERTS. There is a significant difference between housing students and student housing – our professionals are student housing focused.
- Colleges & Universities
- Private Investors
- Local Government Agencies
- Economic Development Agencies
- Real Estate Agents
- Non-Profit Community Organizations
Areas of Expertise:
- 2nd / 3rd tier student housing
- Senior housing
- Assisted living facilities
- Nursing homes
- Multi-family developments
- Lake living communities
Tom Wacholz, P.E.
President / Founder
Recognizing the fact that traditional project delivery methods were not always in the best interest of the clients’ long-term facility goals, Tom’s business philosophy is centered around a desire to combine the best practices available in the industry with emerging technologies, intellectual property, strategic professional resources and a far deeper understanding of the client’s needs. Coupled with over 28 years of operational expertise, Tom’s faith, client focus and visionary leadership are key to ORB’s success.